Holiday Pay It Forward
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be a U.S. resident who is 18 years of age or older and reside in the WEAR-TV viewing area and are an existing user of Facebook.com. Entrants cannot nominate themselves, immediate family members, any person living with you, or an organization. Nominees must be individuals or families 18 years or older residing in the WEAR-TV viewing area. For purposes of this contest, a family is defined as one or more parent or legal guardian living with one or more child in the same household.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WEAR-TV (the Station), WFGX, WPMI, WJTC, Hill Kelly Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Ram (the Sponsor), Moore and Scarry Advertising, Facebook, Ciceron, Inc., Buddy Media, Inc., Facebook, Inc., their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term immediate families includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per person. More than one nomination may be received per nominee.
2. To enter, visit the WEAR TVs contest page at www.weartv.com/contests and look for the Holiday Pay It Forward Contest. Complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone number, age, e-mail address, nominees name, nominees phone number, nominees address, nominees age and describe in 300 words or less why the nominee is a needy and deserving family or individual who you would want to help celebrate Christmas. By entering, entrant represents and warrants that a) the essay meets the contest and judging criteria described below, and b) any prizes awarded in this contest will be provided to the nominee, not the entrant.
3. The contest starts on November 25, 2013 at 7 am CT, and all entries must be received by Station by 7:59 am CT on December 6, 2013. The Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, or for printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
4. All entries received that are duplicates, mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible applicants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be returned.
Judging of the Entries
1. All entries will be judged by a panel of judges, comprised of representatives from the Station and Hill Kelly Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Ram. Up to a maximum of three (3) finalists will be selected by the judges based on the following criteria:
A. Financial Need (35%)
B. Impact (35%)
C. Newsworthiness (30%)
2. On or about December 6, 2013, the top three (3) finalists will be determined by the judges and entrants will be notified by phone. Each of the finalists stories will be available to read on www.facebook.com/weartv.
3. From December 9 to December 12, 2013, viewers will vote for the finalist essay of the most deserving/needy nominee on the Connect 3 tab of the Stations Facebook page located at www.facebook/weartv. Voting is limited to one vote per account holder per day. Facebook likes are not considered votes. Duplicate votes will be disqualified. Entrants/finalists are prohibited from obtaining votes by offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, vote farming, vote purchasing, or any other activity that artificially inflates such finalists votes as determined by Station in its sole discretion. The Station reserves the right to determine in its sole and absolute discretion whether the online votes are valid, and may disqualify any duplicate votes. Multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source will be considered invalid.
4. On December 13, 2013, one (1) grand winner, one (1) second place winner, and one (1) third place winner will be determined based on the voting results. The entry with the most votes will be deemed the grand prize winner and the winning entry will be announced on December 19, 2013 on Channel 3 News at 5 pm.
5. In the event of a tie, the finalist with the highest score from the judges initial scoring will be selected as the winner. The decisions of the Station and judges are final. The Station and judges have the right to disqualify any entrant due to the breach of any representation made at the time of entry.
6. The Station and judges reserve the right to investigate and verify the need and/or circumstances of the nominees/finalists at any time during this contest, and may in its sole and absolute discretion disqualify a nominee.
7. Station is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest.
1. One (1) grand prize winner will receive one thousand two hundred dollars ($1,200) cash and age appropriate toys/gifts determined by the Sponsor valued at three hundred dollars ($300). The second place and third place winners will each receive seven hundred fifty dollars ($750) in cash. As a condition of winning, the grand prize winner must participate in a news story to air on the 5 pm news.
2. The winners will be notified by phone or in person. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 5 days of notification. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within 3 days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize may be awarded to the finalist with the next highest votes as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any 30 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the finalist and/or winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
1. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WEAR TV 3, 4990 Mobile Highway, Pensacola, FL 32506 and on the Stations website at www.weartv.com.
2. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Holiday Pay It Forward, WEAR TV 3, 4990 Mobile Highway, Pensacola, FL 32506 by January 30, 2014.
3. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, Hill Kelly Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Ram, Moore and Scarry Advertising, Facebook, Ciceron, Inc., and Buddy Media, Inc. accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
4. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, Facebook.com, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrants participation in this contest.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
7. Facebook, Inc. and www.facebook.com (collectively, Facebook) are not affiliated with the Station nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.