Share the Jackpot Facebook Contest Rules=NOTICE: A PRIZEWILL ONLY BE AWARDED IN THE EVENT THAT THE STATION WINS THE LARGE JACKPOTDRAWING CURRENTLY SCHEDULED FOR 9:59 P.M. CDT ON SEPTEMBER 18, 2013. IN SUCHEVENT, NOT ALL ENTRANTS WILL BE WINNERS. ENTRANTS MUST SPECIFICALLY ENTER THISCONTEST. THERE IS NO AUTOMATIC ENTRY AS A FACEBOOK FAN OF THE STATION.
Who Can Enter
1. Tobe eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Florida or Alabamaresidents who are 18 years of age or older, reside in the WEAR viewing area,and are an existing user of Facebook. The WEAR viewing area in Florida consistsof the following counties in the State of Florida: Escambia, Santa Rosa andOkaloosa; and the following counties in the State of Alabama: Escambia, Baldwin, Mobile, Washington,Clarke, Monroe and Conecuh.
2. Employeesof Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., SinclairCommunications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or providesother services to television broadcast stations WEAR-TV (the Station), WFGX,WPMI, WJTC, Facebook.com, Buddy Media, Inc., Ciceron, Inc., their subsidiaryand affiliate companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all localtelevision broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies,and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term immediatefamilies includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children andgrandchildren.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one (1)entry per IP address. (b) To enter, log onto the WEAR-TV Facebook page at www.facebook.com/weartv, and clickLike to access the Connect 3 tab to access the Share the Jackpot entry form.Complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone number, and birthdate in the provided area and click submit. No mechanically reproduced orcompleted entries will be accepted.
(c) The conteststarts on September 16, 2013 and all entries must be received by Station by 9:00p.m. CDT on September 18, 2013. Station is not responsible for lost, late, ormisdirected entries, server unavailability, computer or any other electronicmalfunction.
(d) THE STATIONHAS PURCHASED FIFTY (50) TICKETS FOR THE LARGE JACKPOT DRAWING CURRENTLYSCHEDULED ON September 18, 2013 AT 9:59 P.M. CDT. COPIES OF THE TICKETS MAY BEVIEWED AT [http://weartv.com/news/features/newslinks/share_the_jackpot_lotto_tickets.pdf].IN THE EVENT THE STATION HAS A VERIFIED WINNING TICKET IN ITS POSSESSION, THENON September 19, 2013, THE STATION WILL RANDOMLY SELECT THREE (3) WINNERS FROMAMONG ALL VALID ENTRIES.
(e) All entriesreceived that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or fromineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of SinclairBroadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and willnot be acknowledged or returned.
1. Three (3)winners may be selected. If the Station has a verified winning ticket for thelarge jackpot scheduled to be drawn at 9:59 p.m. CDT on September 19, 2013,then each of the three (3) winners will receive an equal pro-rata share of theafter-tax lump sum winning proceeds from such large jackpot drawing. TheStation will retain ten percent (10%) of the after-tax lump sum jackpot winningproceeds for legal and administrative costs. All amounts shall be determined bythe appropriate lottery authority and the Station in their sole and absolutediscretion.
2. Winners (ifany) will be notified by phone. Before claiming prizes, winners must providetheir correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time ofnotification. Winners (if any) must sign and return a release and affidavit ofeligibility, which must be received within 3 days of notification, at the timewinner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Winners (if any) mustshow picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right toexamine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding theprize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notifiedwithin two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release andaffidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and timepermitting, an alternate winner will be randomly selected from among remainingvalid entries.
4. There will be no substitutionsor cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. TheStation has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer orassignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible forpaying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on theestimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Winner mustsign a W-9 form.
6. Only one prize will be awardedper household.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC,Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., are notliable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy itsobligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC,Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are notresponsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the awardor use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, youacknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name,character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner forpromotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the numberof entries received and whether the Station has a winning ticket in itspossession.
2. Complete contest rules areavailable Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WEAR ABC 3,4990 Mobile Hwy., Pensacola, FL 32506 and on the Station's website at www.weartv.com
3. For a list of prize winners,send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WEAR ABC 3, 4990 MobileHwy., Pensacola, FL 32506 by September30, 2013.
4. This contest is subject to allapplicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. SinclairBroadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., SinclairCommunications, LLC, Facebook.com, Buddy Media, Inc., and Ciceron, Inc. acceptno responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses ordamages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession oruse of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liablefor any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rulesand contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
7. By entering this contest, eachentrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, anysponsors, Facebook.com, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers,directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injurywhich may occur as a result of entrants participation in this contest.
8. Facebook, Inc. and www.facebook.com (collectively, Facebook)are not affiliated with the Station nor this contest. This contest is in no waysponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.