News - Pay It ForwardWho Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be a U.S. resident who is 18 years of age or older and reside in the WEAR-TV viewing. The nominating party cannot nominate themselves, immediate family members, any person living with you or an organization. The recipients must be individuals or families 18 years or older residing in the WEAR-TV viewing area. Families are defined as one or more parent or legal guardian with one or more child residing in the same household.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WEAR-TV (the Station), WFGX, WPMI, WJTC, Hill Kelly Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Ram, Moore and Scarry Advertising, Facebook, Ciceron, Inc., Buddy Media, Inc., their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term immediate families includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter.
2. The contest starts on October 31, 2013 and runs till November 24, 2013. During the time period WEAR "TV news reporter, Lena DeFlorias will be out publically in the WEAR-TV viewing area carrying a sign I am giving away $500.00, ask me how. A nominating party can approach Lena DeFlorias with the name of a recipient. The nominating party must be able to accompany the news crew at the same time to surprise the recipient with the prize.
3. One or more contests may be announced from time to time. More than one contest may run simultaneously, but entries will only be solicited for one contest at a time.
4. Ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station.
5. Each week, one (1) winner will be chosen. The winner will be announced on Thursday October 31, November 7, November 14 and November 21, 2013 on Channel 3 News at 5pm.
1. A weekly winner will be selected and receive five hundred dollars ($500). There will be a total of four (4) winners, one on Thursday October 31 and the other three (3) on November 7, 14 and 21, 2013.
2. The winners will be notified in person. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received the same day of notification. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within one (1) day, or does not sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner, as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any thirty (30) day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.]
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize. [
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
1. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WEAR-TV 3, 4990 Mobile Highway, Pensacola, FL 32506 and on the Stations website at www.weartv.com.
2. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WEAR-TV 3, 4990 Mobile Highway, Pensacola, FL 32506 by December 31, 2013.
3. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WEAR-TV (the Station), WFGX, WPMI, WJTC, Hill Kelly Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Ram, Moore and Scarry Advertising, accepts no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
4. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
5. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
6. Facebook, Inc. and www.facebook.com (collectively, Facebook) are not affiliated with the Station nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.