Tom Thumb Text To Win Contest
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be 18 years or older to enter, reside in the Pensacola/Mobile and Panama City/Dothan viewing area as defined by the AC Nielsen Company, and become a member of the Tom Thumb Text Club as further described below. Existing Tom Thumb Text Club Members are automatically entered.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WEAR-TV (the "Station"), WFGX, WPMI, WJTC, Junior Food Stores of West Florida, Inc. dba Tom Thumb Food Store, Appleyard Agency, The Kroger Co. and its affiliates (collectively, "Kroger"), their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term "immediate families" includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per contestant. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant.
2. To enter, text TOMTHUMB to the short code 45203. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent. Text STOP to 45203 to cancel. Text HELP to 45203 for help. By entering, entrants consent to will receive up to 4 messages relating to this contest, from an automated system. Consent is not required to buy goods and services. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted. By entering, each entrant will be automatically registered as a member of the Tom Thumb Text Club and will receive Tom Thumbs news, coupons, offers, and other upcoming information via text (up to 4 text messages per month). Existing Tom Thumb Text Club members will be sent a text message notifying them of their automatic entry into the contest.
3. The contest starts on September 1, 2013 at 8 a.m. CDT and ends at 12:00 a.m. CDT on December 31, 2013 (the Contest Period). Entries must be received by 12:00 a.m. CDT on the last day each month during the Contest Period to qualify for the monthly drawing. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, cellular, wireless, computer or any other electronic malfunction, or if text message is not received.
4. On the last day of each month during the Contest Period, one (1) monthly winner will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries, for a total of four (4) winners. Remaining valid entries will carry over to the following monthly drawing.
5. All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Four (4) winners will be selected. Each winner will receive one Tom Thumb gift card valued at twenty-five dollars ($25). The prize is subject to the terms and conditions of Tom Thumb.
2. Winner will be notified by phone. Before claiming prizes, winner must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within seven (7) days of notification, at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within seven (7) days, does not timely return the affidavit of eligibility, or fails to claim the prize within seven days, then the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and Sinclair Communications, LLC are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and Sinclair Communications, LLC are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WEAR-TV at 4990 Mobile Highway, Pensacola, FL, 32506 and on the Stations website at http://weartv.com/contests/.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WEAR-TV at 4990 Mobile Highway, Pensacola, FL, 32506 by January 31, 2014.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, Junior Food Stores of West Florida, Inc. dba Tom Thumb Food Store, Appleyard Agency, and The Kroger Co. and its affiliates (collectively, "Kroger") accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.