Ohio teen dies of apparent caffiene overdose

Updated: Thursday, July 3 2014, 10:08 AM CDT
Ohio teen dies of apparent caffiene overdose story image
The investigation into an Ohio teen's death is highlighting the risks of caffeine powder.

18-year-old Logan Stiner died in May for what health officials are calling a caffeine overdose.

Stiner had 70 micrograms of caffeine per milliliter of blood in his system.
A typical coffee drinker would have 3 to 5.
   
Caffeine powder is sold as a dietary supplement and is not subject to the same regulations as caffeinated drinks.
   
The FDA says it has voiced concerns about products with high amounts of caffeine and is carefully monitoring new products.

Ohio teen dies of apparent caffiene overdose
comments powered by Disqus

Enrollment for healthcare exchanges as part of healthcare reform begins October 1 in states where exchanges will be set up. Expect special reports each week from us about what you need to know about 'Obamacare' and the ongoing political fight about its future.

To Learn More About Health Care Reform, Click Here

Navigation

Sacred Heart Cardiology - Health Watch - WEAR ABC Channel 3
The Endoscopy Center - Health Watch - WEAR ABC Channel 3
Sacred Heart Health System - Health Watch - WEAR ABC Channel 3
Stand Up Open MRI - Health Watch - WEAR ABC Channel 3
NeuroMicrospine  - Neurosurgery  - Health Watch - WEAR ABC Channel 3
Sacred Heart Cancer Center - Health Watch - WEAR ABC Channel 3
Sacred Heart Orthopedics - Health Watch - WEAR ABC Channel 3
Coastal Vascular & Interventional - Health Watch - WEAR ABC Channel 3
Coastal Vein Institute - Health Watch - WEAR ABC Channel 3
advertisement


advertisement