- Lessons from Sandy
- "Be Ready Escambia"
- NAS Pensacola preps
- Insurance changes
- Evacuation Zones
- Taking care of pets during a hurricane
- Hurricane supplies
- National Hurricane changes for "Tropical Weatther Outlook"
- Oklaoosa County Emergency Operations
- Gulf Power preparations
- Social Media will play a big role during hurricanes
- Protecting your boat during a hurricane
- Hurricane History in Northwest Florida
Social Media will play a big role during hurricanes
Updated: Tuesday, June 4 2013, 11:48 AM CDT
And since the last big hurricane strike, social media has become more important than ever.
Your cell phone can give you extra information through sites.The National Weather Service mobile and the National Hurricane Center are tapping into social media with a Facebook and Twitter page.
Both can provide rapid update of information and you can take the information anywhere even if you evacuate.
You can even post weather damage, but be descriptive and include the location. Remember social media should be an added layer, weather radios and TV should be your primary sources.