- Hurricane forecasters: El Niño could mean fewer storms in Atlantic
- Southeast is 'exceptionally vulnerable'
- Study: Tropical cyclones migrating out of tropics
- Hurricane history in Northwest Florida
- Social Media will play a big role during hurricanes
- National Hurricane changes for forecasting
- Lessons from Sandy
Social Media will play a big role during hurricanes
And since the last big hurricane strike, social media has become more important than ever.
Your cell phone can give you extra information through sites.The National Weather Service mobile and the National Hurricane Center are tapping into social media with a Facebook and Twitter page.
Both can provide rapid update of information and you can take the information anywhere even if you evacuate.
You can even post weather damage, but be descriptive and include the location. Remember social media should be an added layer, weather radios and TV should be your primary sources.