Pay It Forward
- PAY IT FORWARD ( Floyd Jones)
- PAY IT FORWARD ( Diane Garnette)
- PAY IT FORWARD ( Jim Williams )
- PAY IT FORWARD ( Matilda Knight)
- PAY IT FORWARD: (Operation Blessing)
- PAY IT FORWARD: (Marshall and Kristina Wiggins )
- PAY IT FORWARD: Darla Hughes
- PAY IT FORWARD: (Mary Givens)
- PAY IT FORWARD: William Lett
- Pay it Forward:(Jacqueie Parson)
- Holiday Pay it Forward (Michael Etheredge)
- Holiday Pay if Forward finalist
- Pay if Forward Holiday Finalist
- Pay it Forward Holiday
- Pay it Forward (Clifford Bellow )
- Pay it Forward (Keith Pugh )
- Pay it Forward (Carlos Sabogal)
- Pay it Forward (Miss June)
- Pay it Forward 08/08/13 (Michelle Bond)
- Pay it Forward 08/01/13 (Pat and Nan Ross)
- Pay it Forward 7/25/13
- Pay it Forward 07/18/13 (Dennis and Laura Lazear)
- Pay it Forward 05/23/2013 (Cameron Michanowicz)
- Pay it Forward (Steve Williams) 5/16/13
- Pay it Forward 5/9/13 (Debra Jernigan)
- Pay it Forward (Jerry and Ann Turlin)
- Pay it Forward (Josh)
- Pay it Forward (Jenn Knowles)
- Pay It Forward - Shirley Sellers
- Paying It Forward: Loretta Menendian
- Pay it Forward Dallas Battle
- Pay It Forward Faith Moreno
- Pay It Forward: Lana Warren
- Pay it Forward - Brenda
- Pay it Forward - Patrick
- Pay it Forward - William Shaner
- Pay it Forward - Chrissy Johnson
- Pay it Forward - Jim Whitman
- Pay it Forward - Mr. Johnson
- Pay it Forward - Ashley Conlin
- Pay It Forward - Bettina Hoeft
- Pay It Forward- Delores Johnson
- Pay It Forward - Tom Williams
- Pay It Forward - Elaine Simpson
- Family gets big helping hand thanks to community in Holiday Pay It Forward contest
- Holiday Pay It Forward runner-up winners get bonus prize
- 'Pay it Forward" Cynthia
- Pay it Forward 2/21/2013
Holiday Pay if Forward finalist
Updated: Friday, December 20 2013, 05:06 PM CST
For the past two years, you have helped Channel Three News and Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep to Pay it Forward.
Together, we have surprised 50 families with more than 20,000 dollars.
We asked you to Pay it Forward for the holidays.
Who did you choose?
You sent us nearly a thousand stories of people you wanted to help and then voted for the family you wanted us to surprise with 1500 dollars.
The Pay it Forward rules still applied.
You couldn't keep the money for yourself, give it to a relative or anyone who lives with you.
One of those stories was submitted by Lynn Powell, a 4th grade teacher at LD McArthur Elementary School.
Over 37 years of teaching, Miss Powell has assigned her students countless essays.
This time, she *wrote one -- to us ...
"Everyone in the school loves her and has a lot of respect for her."
... about one of her superstar students.
"A singing school or acting. I don't know, I just want to be on stage."
10-year-old Abigail is like a lot of other girls but stronger than most.
"Abby is an inspiration to me every day."
When Abigail was five, she was diagnosed with Freidrich's Ataxia, a degenerative neuro-muscular disorder.
Just getting from class to class is a challenge.
"Right now I can't really keep up."
"She's had some falls this year.
"I just think of how special she is."
"What I want to do is get my arms stronger so that I could go a lot faster."
"She could use her disability as an excuse."
"Abby doesn't know any limitations."
"She is always doing her best and I love that about her."
"I try to go harder but it doesn't seem to make a difference."
"When the doctor mentioned surgery. I thought that would break her spirit."
"I felt like crying when I head about it."
"Tell me something special about your mom."
"She tries her best."
"Makes me feel stronger, it makes me feel like I'm not afraid anymore."
And while other kids her age are asking santa for toys, bicycles, dolls and Iphones. All Abigail wants is a motorized wheelchair.
--- so she can physically do all the things she dreams of in her mind; has the power to do in her spirit and the strength to do in her heart.
"It would make my Christmas."
And you wanted that for her, voting for Abby and her mom to receive the special gift of 1500 dollars.
And because you wanted to Pay it Forward to someone you had never met, this moment happened because of you.
"You're gettin' your wheelchair."
As Abigail opened the presents we'd brought for her, Miss Powell was rewarded for an A-plus essay.
Miles Bentley helped her to Pay it Forward.
"On behalf of Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram, I'd like to Pay it Forward to you so that you can Pay it Forward."
... eight, nine, ten...
... thirteen, fourteen, fifteen hundred dollars.
"I feel popular!"
"Pay it Forward!"
Our special Holiday Pay it Forward doesn't end there.
Tomorrow on Channel Three News at 5, you'll meet two more families who received a Pay it Forward surprise.