Pay It Forward
- PAY IT FORWARD ( Jim Williams )
- PAY IT FORWARD ( Matilda Knight)
- PAY IT FORWARD: (Operation Blessing)
- PAY IT FORWARD: (Marshall and Kristina Wiggins )
- PAY IT FORWARD: Darla Hughes
- PAY IT FORWARD: (Mary Givens)
- PAY IT FORWARD: William Lett
- Pay it Forward:(Jacqueie Parson)
- Holiday Pay it Forward (Michael Etheredge)
- Holiday Pay if Forward finalist
- Pay if Forward Holiday Finalist
- Pay it Forward Holiday
- Pay it Forward (Clifford Bellow )
- Pay it Forward (Keith Pugh )
- Pay it Forward (Carlos Sabogal)
- Pay it Forward (Miss June)
- Pay it Forward 08/08/13 (Michelle Bond)
- Pay it Forward 08/01/13 (Pat and Nan Ross)
- Pay it Forward 7/25/13
- Pay it Forward 07/18/13 (Dennis and Laura Lazear)
- Pay it Forward 05/23/2013 (Cameron Michanowicz)
- Pay it Forward (Steve Williams) 5/16/13
- Pay it Forward 5/9/13 (Debra Jernigan)
- Pay it Forward (Jerry and Ann Turlin)
- Pay it Forward (Josh)
- Pay it Forward (Jenn Knowles)
- Pay It Forward - Shirley Sellers
- Paying It Forward: Loretta Menendian
- Pay it Forward Dallas Battle
- Pay It Forward Faith Moreno
- Pay It Forward: Lana Warren
- Pay it Forward - Brenda
- Pay it Forward - Patrick
- Pay it Forward - William Shaner
- Pay it Forward - Chrissy Johnson
- Pay it Forward - Jim Whitman
- Pay it Forward - Mr. Johnson
- Pay it Forward - Ashley Conlin
- Pay It Forward - Bettina Hoeft
- Pay It Forward- Delores Johnson
- Pay It Forward - Tom Williams
- Pay It Forward - Elaine Simpson
- Family gets big helping hand thanks to community in Holiday Pay It Forward contest
- Holiday Pay It Forward runner-up winners get bonus prize
- 'Pay it Forward" Cynthia
- Pay it Forward 2/21/2013
Pay it Forward - Ashley Conlin
Updated: Saturday, August 3 2013, 03:06 PM CDT
It's time again to Pay it Forward!
It all starts with Lena DeFlores -- 500 dollars -- and our partner Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep. Her report follows:
I went to a strip mall in Pensacola with my sign, "I'm giving away 500 dollars, ask me how."
I've seen a lot of rejection since Channel 3 started to Pay it Forward, but this time, we hit a new record of 18 no's.
"No, thank you." "It's free." "No, thank you."
"No, we just moved here yesterday."
"You're awful sweet, but find somebody else."
It gets hard to find just the right person after I explain that you can't keep the money for yourself, you have to know someone who needs a little help who isn't related to you or lives with you.
"Surely, you know someone who needs a little help." "No."
Finally, after a lot of rejection and a little rain, I met Cliff Broadwater who wanted to help a friend of his daughter and neighbor, Ashley Conlin, who takes care of her disabled mother and recently lost her job.
"Her mom is not able to work right now."
"She helps to keep the family going and stuff."
Right then and there, I called Miles Bentley with Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram who met us with 5 / 100 dollar bills.
"Lena came up to us and asked if we knew anybody who could use 500 dollars and we thought what a blessing it would be for you to have." "Are you serious?" "We're serious."
Miles Bentley then helped one neighbor to help another.
"On behalf of Hill-Kelley Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram, I'd like to give you 500 dollars cliff so you can Pay it Forward." "Thank you sir." "Thank you, I love you guys."
The news couldn't have come at a better time.
Just a few hours before we arrived, Ashley found her car wouldn't start.
"I'm looking for a job so I was gonna call her to drop me off or give me a ride."
Though Ashley is out of work, she does anything and everything to take care of herself and her mother.
She's held garage sales to raise money and even moved in friends to help pay the bills.
"It's kinda like a hustling' every day thing but she took care of me for most of my life. I'm here for her and we're here for each other."
Ashley's mother, Paula says although the 500 dollars will help her and her daughter get back on their feet, they received something else much more valuable than money.
"Ya'll restored my hope today."
"That's what I believe in, God and his goodness and people and how he works through them."
Both Ashley and her mother called this a "God thing" and Paula said what she was most thankful for was that her prayers to God to help her keep her faith were answered.
A special thank you to our partner Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep for making 'Pay it Forward' possible.
And there is more giving to come, so look for Lena and her sign as we continue to Pay it Forward.