Pay It Forward
- PAY IT FORWARD ( Diane Garnette)
- PAY IT FORWARD ( Jim Williams )
- PAY IT FORWARD ( Matilda Knight)
- PAY IT FORWARD: (Operation Blessing)
- PAY IT FORWARD: (Marshall and Kristina Wiggins )
- PAY IT FORWARD: Darla Hughes
- PAY IT FORWARD: (Mary Givens)
- PAY IT FORWARD: William Lett
- Pay it Forward:(Jacqueie Parson)
- Holiday Pay it Forward (Michael Etheredge)
- Holiday Pay if Forward finalist
- Pay if Forward Holiday Finalist
- Pay it Forward Holiday
- Pay it Forward (Clifford Bellow )
- Pay it Forward (Keith Pugh )
- Pay it Forward (Carlos Sabogal)
- Pay it Forward (Miss June)
- Pay it Forward 08/08/13 (Michelle Bond)
- Pay it Forward 08/01/13 (Pat and Nan Ross)
- Pay it Forward 7/25/13
- Pay it Forward 07/18/13 (Dennis and Laura Lazear)
- Pay it Forward 05/23/2013 (Cameron Michanowicz)
- Pay it Forward (Steve Williams) 5/16/13
- Pay it Forward 5/9/13 (Debra Jernigan)
- Pay it Forward (Jerry and Ann Turlin)
- Pay it Forward (Josh)
- Pay it Forward (Jenn Knowles)
- Pay It Forward - Shirley Sellers
- Paying It Forward: Loretta Menendian
- Pay it Forward Dallas Battle
- Pay It Forward Faith Moreno
- Pay It Forward: Lana Warren
- Pay it Forward - Brenda
- Pay it Forward - Patrick
- Pay it Forward - William Shaner
- Pay it Forward - Chrissy Johnson
- Pay it Forward - Jim Whitman
- Pay it Forward - Mr. Johnson
- Pay it Forward - Ashley Conlin
- Pay It Forward - Bettina Hoeft
- Pay It Forward- Delores Johnson
- Pay It Forward - Tom Williams
- Pay It Forward - Elaine Simpson
- Family gets big helping hand thanks to community in Holiday Pay It Forward contest
- Holiday Pay It Forward runner-up winners get bonus prize
- 'Pay it Forward" Cynthia
- Pay it Forward 2/21/2013
Pay it Forward - Brenda
Updated: Saturday, August 3 2013, 03:06 PM CDT
Our Channel Three viewers have been Paying it Forward giving friends and neighbors the gift of $500 they never saw coming.
It begins with a sign, Channel Three's Lena Deflores and our partner Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep.
"I'm at a parking lot at a strip mall in Ensley this time and I've got my sign.
Let's see if we can find someone."
The sign reads, "I'm giving away $500, ask me how" But giving away $500 can be a tough sell.
"Can I interest you in $500?"
"Can I give you $500?"
"500 free dollars!"
I told people we were looking for someone who needed a little help who was available right then for the special surprise.
After explaining the rules again and again and again
"The catch is you can't keep it for yourself."
"Can't give it to a relative."
"Or anyone who lives with you."
Someone explained the rules to me!
"Oh, I saw this on your news station!"
"You have to give it to someone who needs it."
I stood outside for quite a while before meeting Gerrie Hoyt who immediately had someone in mind.
"She lost her house, her car just got repossessed.
Like many of our neighbors, the economy has taken a toll on Gerrie's friend Brenda who is finding it hard to make ends meet.
Brenda currently works the night shift taking on as many hours as she can, if and when they're available.
Though she recently lost her home and her transportation, she does have one constant in her life.
"She doesn't have any family?" "Just me"
Gerrie and Brenda have been friends for two decades and have been through life's ups and downs together.
"Been friends for 20 years."
"Been through everything together, marriages, divorces, miscarriages.
"Just everything everything."
Brenda's situation is a story we've heard many times before.
Doing what she can to keep her head above water in difficult circumstances.
were touched by the love and the bond between these two friends, so we
called Miles Bentley with Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep who met us with
We've seen lots of reactions when we knock on people's doors. Tears, handshakes, hugs and smiles
But we've never seen a reaction like this one.
"I love you."
Once we got Brenda to open the door, Miles Bentley explained why were there.
"I would like on behalf of Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep to give your friend $500 that she can Pay it Forward to you."
Brenda was shocked to see us and touched by her friend's help but a little embarrassed that she needed it. `
"It's hard to tell people that things are bad, it's embarrassing."
But some friends, you don't have to tell.
They just know.
"To me, it's a blessing to be able to do it for her."
"Pay it Forward."
says she'll use to money to pay some of her bills, get her canceled
internet service back and if there is any money left, she'll buy her
first new pair of shoes in over two years.
So many of you Pay
it Forward on a daily basis and we'd love to hear your ideas and
suggestions on how others can Pay it Forward as well.
Visit our website, weartv.com and click the Pay it Forward button to share your stories.
A special thank you to our partner Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep for making Pay it Forward possible.