Pay It Forward
- PAY IT FORWARD ( Floyd Jones)
- PAY IT FORWARD ( Diane Garnette)
- PAY IT FORWARD ( Jim Williams )
- PAY IT FORWARD ( Matilda Knight)
- PAY IT FORWARD: (Operation Blessing)
- PAY IT FORWARD: (Marshall and Kristina Wiggins )
- PAY IT FORWARD: Darla Hughes
- PAY IT FORWARD: (Mary Givens)
- PAY IT FORWARD: William Lett
- Pay it Forward:(Jacqueie Parson)
- Holiday Pay it Forward (Michael Etheredge)
- Holiday Pay if Forward finalist
- Pay if Forward Holiday Finalist
- Pay it Forward Holiday
- Pay it Forward (Clifford Bellow )
- Pay it Forward (Keith Pugh )
- Pay it Forward (Carlos Sabogal)
- Pay it Forward (Miss June)
- Pay it Forward 08/08/13 (Michelle Bond)
- Pay it Forward 08/01/13 (Pat and Nan Ross)
- Pay it Forward 7/25/13
- Pay it Forward 07/18/13 (Dennis and Laura Lazear)
- Pay it Forward 05/23/2013 (Cameron Michanowicz)
- Pay it Forward (Steve Williams) 5/16/13
- Pay it Forward 5/9/13 (Debra Jernigan)
- Pay it Forward (Jerry and Ann Turlin)
- Pay it Forward (Josh)
- Pay it Forward (Jenn Knowles)
- Pay It Forward - Shirley Sellers
- Paying It Forward: Loretta Menendian
- Pay it Forward Dallas Battle
- Pay It Forward Faith Moreno
- Pay It Forward: Lana Warren
- Pay it Forward - Brenda
- Pay it Forward - Patrick
- Pay it Forward - William Shaner
- Pay it Forward - Chrissy Johnson
- Pay it Forward - Jim Whitman
- Pay it Forward - Mr. Johnson
- Pay it Forward - Ashley Conlin
- Pay It Forward - Bettina Hoeft
- Pay It Forward- Delores Johnson
- Pay It Forward - Tom Williams
- Pay It Forward - Elaine Simpson
- Family gets big helping hand thanks to community in Holiday Pay It Forward contest
- Holiday Pay It Forward runner-up winners get bonus prize
- 'Pay it Forward" Cynthia
- Pay it Forward 2/21/2013
Pay it Forward Dallas Battle
Updated: Saturday, August 3 2013, 02:06 PM CDT
Last week we introduced a new series where we help our Channel Three viewers 'Pay it Forward.'
It highlights how generous our gulf coast community really is.
It starts with Channel Three's Lena Deflores, a sign, $500, and our partner Hill Kelly Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep.
It ends with a big surprise.
You wouldn't believe how hard it is to give away $500.
"Can i interest you in $500?"
"Can i give you $500?"
I stood in the parking lot of a strip mall in Crestview with a sign reading, "I'm giving away $500, ask me how."
Plenty of people seemed intrigued but no takers.
and a lot of people just didn't believe me
"There's gotta be a scam to it."
There are some rules.
"You can't keep it for yourself."
"You can't give it to a relative."
"Or anyone who lives with you."
*and they have to be available right then for the surprise."
"Not right this second."
Finally, we met Doc Watson who wanted to tell us about his fellow Air Force veteran, Dallas Battle.
"He's a military guy."
"He retired out of the military but he hasn't found anything to transition to."
"He can't make the house payments and he's not working."
These friends have a lifelong bond that's forged when brave men and women join the military.
Dallas has proudly served our nation in every war since the Gulf War, having been deployed more than a dozen times to countries like Africa, Iraq and Afghanistan.
Like many of our veterans, Dallas has had a difficult time finding full-time, permanent work after returning home.
"It would definitely help him out."
Dallas works part-time as a referee at youth basketball games for Association Hub City.
The goal of the organization is to keep youngsters on the right path to a successful future and to be productive members of society that give back something. These two friends are a living example of.
"Got a surprise for you!"
Miles Bentley with Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep joined us for the big moment."
"On behalf of Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep, we wanted to make your friend's wish come true for you."
I thought of you instantly, in these difficult times and you still do so much good, to help you in these tough times"
As his friend counted out $500 dollars, Dallas seemed in shock as he took it all in.
"You can't put a price on friendship."
Dallas wanted to pay it forward with a message to his fellow military brothers and sisters who may be going through rough times themselves...
"Don't give up and just keep praying.
"There's a bond that can't be broken. No matter what no matter what we go through."
After sitting down and spending time with Doc and Dallas, you really get a sense of how strong the military bond is.
Dallas said he knows other people are struggling right now and he'll use some of the $500 to pay it forward, by donating some of it through his church.
What are your ideas to pay it forward in our community?
Share your ideas and suggestions with us on our website.
Go to weartv.com and click on Pay it Forward.
A special thanks to our partner Hill-Kelly Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep for making 'Pay it Forward' possible.
We don't know where or when this giving will continue.
But look for Lena and her sign as we Pay it Forward.