Pay It Forward
- PAY IT FORWARD: Darla Hughes
- PAY IT FORWARD: (Mary Givens)
- PAY IT FORWARD: William Lett
- Pay it Forward:(Jacqueie Parson)
- Holiday Pay it Forward (Michael Etheredge)
- Holiday Pay if Forward finalist
- Pay if Forward Holiday Finalist
- Pay it Forward Holiday
- Pay it Forward (Clifford Bellow )
- Pay it Forward (Keith Pugh )
- Pay it Forward (Carlos Sabogal)
- Pay it Forward (Miss June)
- Pay it Forward 08/08/13 (Michelle Bond)
- Pay it Forward 08/01/13 (Pat and Nan Ross)
- Pay it Forward 7/25/13
- Pay it Forward 07/18/13 (Dennis and Laura Lazear)
- Pay it Forward 05/23/2013 (Cameron Michanowicz)
- Pay it Forward (Steve Williams) 5/16/13
- Pay it Forward 5/9/13 (Debra Jernigan)
- Pay it Forward (Jerry and Ann Turlin)
- Pay it Forward (Josh)
- Pay it Forward (Jenn Knowles)
- Pay It Forward - Shirley Sellers
- Pay it Forward 2/21/2013
- 'Pay it Forward" Cynthia
- Holiday Pay It Forward runner-up winners get bonus prize
- Family gets big helping hand thanks to community in Holiday Pay It Forward contest
- Pay It Forward - Elaine Simpson
- Pay It Forward - Tom Williams
- Pay It Forward- Delores Johnson
- Pay It Forward - Bettina Hoeft
- Pay it Forward - Ashley Conlin
- Pay it Forward - Mr. Johnson
- Pay it Forward - Jim Whitman
- Pay it Forward - Chrissy Johnson
- Pay it Forward - William Shaner
- Pay it Forward - Patrick
- Pay it Forward - Brenda
- Pay It Forward: Lana Warren
- Pay It Forward Faith Moreno
- Pay it Forward Dallas Battle
- Paying It Forward: Loretta Menendian
Pay It Forward - Elaine Simpson
Updated: Saturday, August 3 2013, 03:06 PM CDT
Channel 3 News has been helping viewers like you to reach out and Pay It Forward.
The gift of $500 goes from one neighbor to another and starts with our own Lena Deflores, her sign and our partner Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep.
Her report is below:
I went to Navarre and held up my sign, I'm giving away $500, ask me how.
A lot of people still said no to Channel 3's offer to help them Pay it Forward, but then we met Pam who told us about her friend and former neighbor, Elaine.
"She sorta takes care of me and I take care of her."
67-year-old Elaine Simpson has had a tough time making ends meet since retiring.
The former teacher lost her Milton home in Hurricane Ivan and had to cut back and find a much smaller place to live that she could afford.
"It would just thrill her to death that somebody would think of her."
Though Elaine has no family, she's created one made up of her friends and the lost or unwanted animals she comes across.
She's opened her heart and her home to countless animals over the years nursing them back to health, grooming them and then eventually finding them permanent homes.
Miles Bentley with Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram and I went with Pam to knock on Elaine's door and surprise her with 500 dollars.
Her friend Pam explained why we were there.
"Paying' Forward your friendship to me because you've helped me so much and I know that you can use that."
"Pam on behalf of Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram, I'd like to give you this money so that you can Pay it Forward to your friend."
"Benjamin! I have always loved you!"
And Elaine knew just what she wanted to do with the money."
"It will help me help somebody else."
"That's what you miss doing when you're at the receiving end. You miss helping somebody else. "
Elaine wanted to begin helping others with a message to those who may also be going through a rough time.
"Sometimes it's just a matter of attitude."
"This brings you back to your faith. You can lose your faith. It's gonna be all right."
A special thank you to our Partner Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep for making Pay it Forward possible.