Pay It Forward
- PAY IT FORWARD ( Jim Williams )
- PAY IT FORWARD ( Matilda Knight)
- PAY IT FORWARD: (Operation Blessing)
- PAY IT FORWARD: (Marshall and Kristina Wiggins )
- PAY IT FORWARD: Darla Hughes
- PAY IT FORWARD: (Mary Givens)
- PAY IT FORWARD: William Lett
- Pay it Forward:(Jacqueie Parson)
- Holiday Pay it Forward (Michael Etheredge)
- Holiday Pay if Forward finalist
- Pay if Forward Holiday Finalist
- Pay it Forward Holiday
- Pay it Forward (Clifford Bellow )
- Pay it Forward (Keith Pugh )
- Pay it Forward (Carlos Sabogal)
- Pay it Forward (Miss June)
- Pay it Forward 08/08/13 (Michelle Bond)
- Pay it Forward 08/01/13 (Pat and Nan Ross)
- Pay it Forward 7/25/13
- Pay it Forward 07/18/13 (Dennis and Laura Lazear)
- Pay it Forward 05/23/2013 (Cameron Michanowicz)
- Pay it Forward (Steve Williams) 5/16/13
- Pay it Forward 5/9/13 (Debra Jernigan)
- Pay it Forward (Jerry and Ann Turlin)
- Pay it Forward (Josh)
- Pay it Forward (Jenn Knowles)
- Pay It Forward - Shirley Sellers
- Paying It Forward: Loretta Menendian
- Pay it Forward Dallas Battle
- Pay It Forward Faith Moreno
- Pay It Forward: Lana Warren
- Pay it Forward - Brenda
- Pay it Forward - Patrick
- Pay it Forward - William Shaner
- Pay it Forward - Chrissy Johnson
- Pay it Forward - Jim Whitman
- Pay it Forward - Mr. Johnson
- Pay it Forward - Ashley Conlin
- Pay It Forward - Bettina Hoeft
- Pay It Forward- Delores Johnson
- Pay It Forward - Tom Williams
- Pay It Forward - Elaine Simpson
- Family gets big helping hand thanks to community in Holiday Pay It Forward contest
- Holiday Pay It Forward runner-up winners get bonus prize
- 'Pay it Forward" Cynthia
- Pay it Forward 2/21/2013
Pay it Forward (Miss June)
Updated: Thursday, October 31 2013, 07:55 PM CDT
PACE -- If you had 500 dollars to give to someone who needed a little help, who would you give it to?
Channel Three's Lena Deflores introduces us to a widow in Pace who opened her front door to the surprise of 500 dollars.
And it all started with a sign and the help of Hill Kelly Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep.
"Does this sign look familiar to you?"
"I've been toting my sign, I'm giving away 500 dollars, ask me how for nearly two years now, but plenty of people still don't recognize it.
"Can I interest you in $500? No?"
But in Pace, Miss June recognized it immediately.
"You tell me what this sign means." "It means I can help a friend."
And June knew exactly who she wanted to help.
A friend she met 40 years ago when she took her dog to be groomed.
The groomer was Mary Ellen.
Both women are retired now and Mary Ellen's story is one we hear all too often.
"Struggling to pay the car payment. Struggling to pay the utility bill."
Mary Ellen is a retired widow and her son recently lost his job.
"She has turned off her television, she has turned off her central air conditioning. They're just really having a hard time."
"This would be fantastic for them."
We knew Mary Ellen would be the perfect person for the surprise of 500 dollars, so June called her friend.
"I picked up something for you at the store. I want to run it by the house."
And it was going smoothly until June got a little chatty - and protective...The way an old friend would.
"Hey, be properly dressed."
Prompting Mary Ellen to call back with specific instructions - do not bring a man by the house! Unless, of course
"Oh, if it's a rich man? If it's a rich man, I can bring him by?"
We made a few calls and made our way to Miss Mary Ellen's front door.
She was expecting potential buyers.
She and her son had been selling their furniture for money to help make ends meet.
Instead, she got us.
"What's goin' on?"
Right after she asked, she realized she already knew.
It's the pass it on thing. I've seen it on TV!"
"June explained that even though the friends hadn't seen each other in six years, she was always thinking of her.
"I thought perhaps you might appreciate the Lord blessing you."
And then let us take over.
"On behalf of Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram, I'd like to give you this money to Pay it Forward to your friend."
"You Pay it Forward - it always comes back to you, one way or another."
A special thank you to our partner Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep for making Pay It Forward possible.