Pay It Forward
- PAY IT FORWARD ( Floyd Jones)
- PAY IT FORWARD ( Diane Garnette)
- PAY IT FORWARD ( Jim Williams )
- PAY IT FORWARD ( Matilda Knight)
- PAY IT FORWARD: (Operation Blessing)
- PAY IT FORWARD: (Marshall and Kristina Wiggins )
- PAY IT FORWARD: Darla Hughes
- PAY IT FORWARD: (Mary Givens)
- PAY IT FORWARD: William Lett
- Pay it Forward:(Jacqueie Parson)
- Holiday Pay it Forward (Michael Etheredge)
- Holiday Pay if Forward finalist
- Pay if Forward Holiday Finalist
- Pay it Forward Holiday
- Pay it Forward (Clifford Bellow )
- Pay it Forward (Keith Pugh )
- Pay it Forward (Carlos Sabogal)
- Pay it Forward (Miss June)
- Pay it Forward 08/08/13 (Michelle Bond)
- Pay it Forward 08/01/13 (Pat and Nan Ross)
- Pay it Forward 7/25/13
- Pay it Forward 07/18/13 (Dennis and Laura Lazear)
- Pay it Forward 05/23/2013 (Cameron Michanowicz)
- Pay it Forward (Steve Williams) 5/16/13
- Pay it Forward 5/9/13 (Debra Jernigan)
- Pay it Forward (Jerry and Ann Turlin)
- Pay it Forward (Josh)
- Pay it Forward (Jenn Knowles)
- Pay It Forward - Shirley Sellers
- Paying It Forward: Loretta Menendian
- Pay it Forward Dallas Battle
- Pay It Forward Faith Moreno
- Pay It Forward: Lana Warren
- Pay it Forward - Brenda
- Pay it Forward - Patrick
- Pay it Forward - William Shaner
- Pay it Forward - Chrissy Johnson
- Pay it Forward - Jim Whitman
- Pay it Forward - Mr. Johnson
- Pay it Forward - Ashley Conlin
- Pay It Forward - Bettina Hoeft
- Pay It Forward- Delores Johnson
- Pay It Forward - Tom Williams
- Pay It Forward - Elaine Simpson
- Family gets big helping hand thanks to community in Holiday Pay It Forward contest
- Holiday Pay It Forward runner-up winners get bonus prize
- 'Pay it Forward" Cynthia
- Pay it Forward 2/21/2013
PAY IT FORWARD: William Lett
Updated: Thursday, February 13 2014, 05:57 PM CST
A retired soldier wanted to help out the widow of a fellow brother-in-arms.
"Pay it Forward" thanks to the help of Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep.
A new year.
A new sign.
Find someone who wants to help someone else with the surprise of 500 dollars.
"Her name is Mary and she lost her husband last year."
Someone like William Lett.
Lett retired from the US Army after 24 years of service and a tour in Vietnam, settling here in Pensacola in 1969.
Lett says it's every American's responsibility to take care of our veterans, but even more important for veterans to take care of one another both on and off the field of battle.
"When he over there, trying to fight a way, he can't worry about home."
"He can do a better fighting job for his country than he can worrying about two things at once."
That's why he wanted to Pay it Forward to his neighbor, Mary Burke whose husband also retired from the Army after serving as a Paratrooper in the Vietnam conflict and Korean War.
"He went in in 1948, at fifteen."
He was underage. But he wanted to serve our country.
He also was shipping out, but he wanted Mary to be his bride.
"He kept writing for me to marry him."
And he wouldn't give up.
"The phone bill was unbelievable; he called collect."
After a whirlwind wedding , four sons, retiring from the Army, 20 years of teaching ROTC and countless smiles and memories, Mary lost Bob last year after nearly 59 years of marriage.
And true to his commitment, William keeps an eye on his fellow soldier's sweetheart, now that Bob no longer can.
"I feel if I needed something, in emergency, that I can call on them."
"She can come right across the street, we'd be there for her."
But this time, William went to her - with us in tow.
"But what is this for? I didn't do anything." "You don't have to do anything."
"On behalf of Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram, I'd like to give you this money, William, for your friend Mary."
"I'm in shock. I'm just in shock about it."