Gulf Power giving customers new ways to pay bills
PENSACOLA, Fla. (WEAR) —
Gulf Power is giving customers some new ways to pay their bills. They're no longer accepting payments at their offices.
Earlier this month, the separate company that owns the kiosks admitted a data breach that potentially compromised the information of 22,000 customers.
Gulf Power said they were already considering other options to accept in-person payments.
People can still pay by mail, online, or with automatic checking account drafts. They can also use 200 "automatic payment locations" around Northwest Florida. Gulf Power Communications Manager Jeff Rogers said, "So instead of people coming to us, having to make a special trip to Gulf Power, we're coming to them. They'll be able to pay at Winn-Dixie, Walmart, Walgreen's, Publix, through Western Union and through CheckFree Pay."
Rogers said customers can find out all their options by visiting mygulfpower.com/waystopay.
Gulf Power also provided a complete list of payment options:
* Set up automatic payments. Auto Pay is a free bill payment program where a customer authorizes their monthly bill amount to be automatically paid from their bank account each month.
* Pay online with checking or savings account for no additional charge. Customers log in to their Gulf Power account at MyGulfPower.com and input bank account information. They can save bank information for future monthly payments. To set up, customers need their bank name, bank account number and routing number.
* Pay online with credit or debit cards at MyGulfPower.com via Bill Matrix, a separate credit card processing company not affiliated with Gulf Power. Currently, this transaction is handled through Georgia Power's portal, part of our parent Southern Company, with payment posting to the customer's Gulf Power account. Bill Matrix will charge a service fee of $2.25 to process the payment.
* Customers can pay by phone with a debit/credit card through Bill Matrix, a separate company not affiliated with Gulf Power. The number to call for Bill Matrix is 1-800-831-6502. Bill Matrix will charge a service fee of $2.25 to process the payment.
* Customers who like to pay their bill in person can visit one of more than 200 Authorized Payment Locations in Northwest Florida to make a bill payment with cash, check or money order. A $1.50 service fee will be charged at APLs.
* CheckFreePay - Locations include Walmart, Kmart, Gulf Coast Communications & Cellular and Mailbox Plus.
* Western Union - Locations include Publix, Walgreens, Winn Dixie, Regions Bank, Kmart, Coastal Bank & Trust, Piggly Wiggly, Dodge's stores and Greer's Food Tiger.
* APLs offer flexible hours, including nights and weekends, and customer payments post immediately.
* Customers can find nearby payment locations by going to MyGulfPower.com or text GULFPAY to 40500 to receive a list of payment locations.
* As always, customers can mail their payments to Gulf Power Payments, PO Box 830660, Birmingham, Alabama 35283-0660.