MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Pensacola family displaced after New Year's Eve fire

Photo source: MGN

A Pensacola family was displaced on New Year's Eve after a fire damaged their home. According to Pensacola Fire Department spokesperson Lt. Gary Creel, multiple occupants were able to get out of the residence located in the 200 block of Jordan Streetsafely.

Lt. Creel told Channel 3 News the one-alarm fire was electrical in nature. Creel said three engines and a ladder truck responded.

"We encourage people to make sure they have working smoke detectors in their home," Lt. Creel said.

PFD has a smoke detector program. Residents who live within city limits can call 850-436-5200 to schedule free smoke detector installation. People who live outside of city limits can call the Red Cross for free smoke detector installation, Creel said.

American Red Cross volunteers responded to the home in the 200 block of E. Jordan Street and gave financial assistance to help with temporary lodging and to replace necessities lost in the fire, according to a news release.

According to statistics provided by the Red Cross, the organization helps a family impacted by a house fire every 8 minutes. Volunteers throughout Northwest Florida ensure families don't go through events like this alone.

People can help by becoming a volunteer or by making a financial donation. Learn more at www.redcross.org. For information on how to get a free smoke alarm installed as part of the organization's home fire prevention campaign they can also call 850-432-7601.


Trending