Safety tips for Pensacola Beach Air Show
PENSACOLA BEACH, Fla. (WEAR) —
With the Blue Angels to take to the skies for the Pensacola Beach Air Show this weekend, be sure to follow some tips from Escambia County for a safe, fun weekend in the sun:
- Leave early. Traffic will be heavy and parking is limited on Pensacola Beach.
- If parking is full in core areas, like Casino Beach, take advantage of the free Pensacola Beach trolleys. East and west parking lots will be serviced by trolleys and will take beachgoers to and from Casino Beach. For a map of trolley stops click here.
- Remember that access into and exiting the Casino Beach parking lot along Via De Luna Drive and Fort Pickens Road has changed. The parking lot now has one way in and one way out. The only entrance into the parking lot is along Via De Luna Drive next to Sidelines Sports Bar & Restaurant. The only exit from the lot is along Fort Pickens Road near the Public Safety Building.
Be sure to wear and reapply sunscreen often and drink plenty of water. Alcohol, sun and swimming don't mix!
Swim near lifeguards and be sure to follow all lifeguard instructions.
Check before you go and follow the posted beach condition flag warnings.
Know how to escape a rip current. Click here to watch a video all about rip currents.
- Follow all Pensacola Beach rules, including:
- Glass containers are not allowed on the beach.
- The west side of the Pensacola Beach Gulf Pier is an alcohol free zone.
- Open containers are not allowed off the boardwalk or outside any establishment.
- No alcohol can be consumed in any parking lot on Santa Rosa Island.
- Dogs other than service animals are not permitted on any of the beaches except in designated dog parks.
- Remember to "leave no trace" and keep Pensacola Bach sea-turtle friendly!