WEAR - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Destin companies take advantage of grant to purchase Automated External Defibrillators

DESTIN   --  More businesses in Destin are taking advantage of a grant to buy a life-saving device.

The Destin Bay House and Destin Bike Tours are two of the latest businesses to purchase AED's through the Destin Fire Control District.
    
Since 2007, the fire district has received four grants through the State of Florida to buy Automated External Defibrillators..
    
The grants cover 75 % of the cost of the machine, and the businesses pay for the remaining 25 percent.
Erin Shoults: "After learning so much about AED's and how critical time is in cardiac arrest we decided that we wanted to be proactive members of the community."

A spokesperson for the Destin Control Fire District says the grant money has helped pay for close to 100 AED's over the past few years.