WEAR - Search Results
South Florida woman dies after hospital gives her penicillin twice
SOUTH FLORIDA -- A south Florida woman is dead after an emergency visit to the hospital.
A 78-year-old woman died after doctors gave her penicillin despite warnings that she was allergic to it.
The family says the woman checked into the hospital complaining of symptoms related to her high blood pressure.
Once she arrived the doctors gave the woman penicillin - and she had a horrible reaction.
The reaction stopped but the family says later the doctors gave her the medicine again.
Now the family believes the hospital is trying to cover up their mistake.
"What concerns me the most is that she told the paramedic she was allergic to penicillin. She told the hospital when they arrived that she was allergic to penicillin."
According to the family the woman's body was moved to the coroner's office, where they are performing an autopsy.