WEAR - Search Results
Central Florida toddler dies of Bacterial Meningitus
CENTRAL FLORIDA -- A four-year-old Central Florida boy has died from bacterial meningitis.
Health officials in Pasco County say the child became ill with a fever and died suddenly Sunday afternoon.
Meningitis is an inflammation of the membranes surrounding the brain and spinal cord.
Symptoms include nausea, vomiting, headache, stiff neck, rashes and confusion.
Bacterial meningitis can be treated effectively with antibiotics.
It is important that treatment be started as soon as possible.