WEAR - Search Results
Virginia Christmas parade, float bursts into flames
A Virginia Christmas Parade took a scary turn when a float burst into flames.
A spectator captured this footage of the blaze last night in Virginia Beach.
Firefighters were able to douse the flames in just 10 minutes.
No major injuries were reported, but some students in a band walking behind the float had to be taken to the hospital for breathing problems.
"A black truck was pulling the float from Virginia Beach farm, I do believe, all of the sudden flames started coming out of this plywood box that was in the bed of the truck."
Fire crews say the blaze was caused by a generator surrounded by combustibles in the back of the float's pick-up truck.