WEAR - Search Results
13 New Years Superstitions!
1. Eating Black-Eyed Peas and Greens- Eating them brings good luck and financial prosperity. The peas represent good luck and the greens represent money.
2. Nothing goes out of the house(or things will be lost during the upcoming year)-Don't take out the trash or food or anything, if your trash needs emptying, do it before midnight or on January 2nd. If you have food or anything to take somewhere on New Years Day, have it outside or at their house already.
3. Kissing At Midnight- Kiss someone dear to you at midnight, this will ensure affection for the next 12 months. Kissing the dog or cat would work too!
4. Don't Cry On News Year Day- This could bring unhappiness for the next year. Be upbeat and happy!
5. Don't Wash Clothes- Dirty clothes can wait until Jan 2nd.
6. No Bare Cupboards- Fill the cupboards before New Years day, so it can stay that way all year.
7. Don't Lend Money or Precious Items- To do so means you will be paying out money all year long.
8. Open The Doors At Midnight- This will let out all the bad from the previous year.
9. Make Loud Noises- This will scare away the evil spirits from entering your life in the next year.
10. Don't Break Anything- Try very hard not to break anything, as that could be doubly bad as breaking a mirror on any other day.
11. Do Something Work Related On New Years Day- For those who have the day off, do a small amount of work.
12. First Person To Enter Your Home- The 1st person to enter your home of the New Year will influence the year you are about to have. Ideally this person should be talk, dark, and good looking.
13. Which Way The Wind Blows- If the wind is out of the south there will be prosperous times ahead. The wind out of the east means famine and calamities and out of the north means a bad year for weather. And wind from the west means plenty of milk and fish. Calm winds means a prosperous and joyful year for all!