WEAR - Search Results
Update on Walton County baby that ingested acid
WALTON COUNTY -- An update now about a four month old baby boy from Walton County who ingested acid.
The acid was in a nasal spray bottle, and deputies now say the child's grandmother inadvertently gave it to him.
Exactly what kind of chemical was in the bottle is unclear, and it's being tested by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
Deputies say keeping acid in a bottle like that is common for people who are making methamphetamine.
But at this point they don't know who put the acid the bottle, and no arrests have been made.
They do know that the grandmother did not mean to hurt the child.
The baby is recovering at Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola.