Weather Alert


A Heat Advisory has been issued for the area for Friday and Saturday.  Heat indices will be between 105 and 110 during the afternoon hours.



WEAR - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

1 dead, 28 hositalized after carbon monoxide poisoning at NY mall

   HUNTINGTON STATION, N.Y. (AP) -- Police say a 55-year-old restaurant manager has died and more than two dozen others were taken to hospitals after being overcome by carbon monoxide at a New York mall.
   A Suffolk County police spokesman identified the man who died Saturday as Steven Nelson, a restaurant manager at the Walt Whitman Shops in Huntington Station on Long Island.
   Police said 28 others affected by carbon monoxide were taken to area hospitals.
   Police earlier said three officers were among those overcome by carbon monoxide at the mall, which is about 35 miles east of New York City. They responded to a call shortly after 6 p.m.
   Carbon monoxide is odorless and colorless and can lead to death by suffocation.
   Several restaurants at the mall were evacuated as a precaution.
   The Walt Whitman Shops consists of more than 80 stores, including anchors Bloomingdale's, Lord & Taylor, Macy's and Saks Fifth Avenue.