WEAR - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Gas Explosion lawsuit settlement

OKALOOSA COUNTY  --  An Okaloosa County jury has awarded nearly fifteen million dollars in damages to a family devastated by a natural gas explosion four years ago.

The Destin Home of Michael Blanchard and Faye Boroughs was nearly leveled when the gas ignited in their laundry room in November, 2009.
   
Blanchard died from his injuries three weeks later.
Boroughs was burned over a third of her body, but survived.
   
Their three year old son suffered psychological damage.
The jury found that two companies  "Panhandle Plumbing" and "Andrews Cooling and Heating" were responsible for the blast by not following code and failing to train their technicians properly.