WEAR - Search Results
Fla. senate approves 'Stand Your Ground' change
A Florida senate committee has approved a bill that tweaks the state's controversial `Stand Your Ground' law.
The adjustments include:
- Local law enforcement setting guidelines for neighborhood watch organizations.
- Clarifying immunity and who can use a `stand your ground' defense.
- And allowing law enforcement to conduct its investigation even when `stand your ground' is being used.
- The bill has now been approved by two senate committees and must go through two more before it reaches the floor.
- The legislation passed unanimously Monday, despite being a topic that traditionally splits down party lines.
- The NRA even supported the changes.