WEAR - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Ohio teen dies of apparent caffiene overdose

The investigation into an Ohio teen's death is highlighting the risks of caffeine powder.

18-year-old Logan Stiner died in May for what health officials are calling a caffeine overdose.

Stiner had 70 micrograms of caffeine per milliliter of blood in his system.
A typical coffee drinker would have 3 to 5.
   
Caffeine powder is sold as a dietary supplement and is not subject to the same regulations as caffeinated drinks.
   
The FDA says it has voiced concerns about products with high amounts of caffeine and is carefully monitoring new products.