Special Advertiser Content
Deadline looms to register to vote
If you haven’t registered to vote for the upcoming general election in November, do it today.
Channel 3 News is committed to spread the get out and vote message. Exercise your civic duty by registering now.
The last day to register to vote is October 9th. The Florida Division of Election said the last day to register to vote is Tuesday, October 9th. To register to vote in Florida, you must:
- Be a Citizen of the United States of America (A lawful permanent resident, commonly referred to as a "green card holder," does not have the right to register or vote in Florida);
- Be a Florida resident;
- Be at least 18 years old (You may pre-register to vote if you are 16 years old);
- Not have been adjudicated mentally incapacitated with respect to voting in Florida or any other state without having the right to vote restored;
- Not have been convicted of a felony without your civil rights having been restored
You can register to vote online here until October 9th in English or Spanish. You can also register to votey through any of these agencies while accessing their services:
- Florida driver's license office. You also have the option to submit voter registration information online when you renew your driver’s license online through the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles’ online renewal system. For more information, visit GoRenew.com.
- Tax collector's office that issues driver's licenses or Florida identification cards
- Contact your voter registration agency: Escambia County, Santa Rosa County or Okaloosa County.
Early voting begins October 27 – November 3, 2018. Election day is November 6th.