MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Remote-control car battery starts house fire.

The couple told Channel 3 News they heard a loud popping sound around 11 p.m. Monday night and realized their home was on fire. (photo: WEAR)

Fire investigators believe a remote-control car battery is to blame for a house fire in Niceville.


On Monday evening, Niceville Fire Department was called to a duplex located on Jonathan Circle.

The couple told Channel 3 News they heard a loud popping sound around 11 p.m. Monday night and realized their home was on fire.

The couple escaped before the home was destroyed.


The American Red Cross is helping the family right now but the community is also stepping up donating items to the couple to help them get back on their feet.

The couple told Channel 3 News they had rented the duplex for two-years.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending