3ITM & Florida Lottery “Gold Rush Classic” Contest
WEBSITE ENTER TO WIN
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Contest: 3ITM & Florida Lottery “Gold Rush Classic” Watch-to-Win Contest
Station: Sinclair Communications, LLC dba WEAR
Station Address: WEAR, 4990 Mobile Hwy., Pensacola FL, 32506
Contest Area: Pensacola, Florida and Mobile, Alabama and nearby towns and communities in the Gulf Coast area, including in Florida: Pensacola, Gulf Breeze, Cantonment, Century, Jay, Pace, Milton, Perdido Key, Pensacola Beach, Navarre, Fort Walton Beach, Valparaiso, Niceville, Destin, Sandestin, Wright, Holt, Crestview, Baker, Chumuckla; and in Alabama: Orange Beach, Robertsdale, Gulf Shores, Stapleton, Elberta, Fairhope, Daphne, Prichard, Chickasaw, Saraland, Satsuma, Tilman’s Corner, Theodore, Bayou la Batre, Dauphin Island, Foley, Bay Minette, Atmore, Flomaton, Brewton, Florala, Semmes, Spanish Fort, and Lillian
Prize Provider(s): Florida Lottery, St. John & Partners
Age of Eligibility: Eighteen (18)
Contest Period: January 21, 2019 to January 25, 2019
Program to Watch: Watch the Three in the Morning program which the Station airs each weekday on channel 3, from 4:30 a.m. to 7:00 a.m., and look for the keyword.
Entry is limited to one entry per IP address.
Drawing Date(s): January 22, 23, 24, 25 and 28, 2019
Entries Due: 11:59 PM CST each weekday during the Contest Period
Number of Daily Winners on Each Drawing Date: One (1)
Grand Prize Drawing Date: January 28, 2019
Total Number of Grand Prize Winners: One (1)
Prize(s) and Value(s):
Daily Prize Pack: One book of ($2) two dollar Florida Lottery Scratch-Off Tickets, valued at three hundred dollars. Total daily value: $300.00. The scratch-off tickets are subject to the Florida Lottery’s rules located at www.flalottery.com, and any prizes as a result of such scratch off tickets cannot be redeemed by the Station. The Station and Florida Lottery do not guarantee that any of the scratch off tickets will result in an additional prize.
Grand Prize: Five (5) $100 Best Buy gift cards, valued at $500.00
Station’s Website: weartv.com
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: http://www.weartv.com/station/features/terms-and-conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
Odds of winning depend on the number of valid and correct entries received.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
How to Enter
Viewers will be prompted to watch the Program to Watch, and look for the keyword. Then, to enter, log onto the Station’s’ Website and click on the Contest tab to access the Contest entry page. Complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone number, birth date, and keyword, in the provided area and click submit. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
How to Win
The Number of Daily Winners on each Drawing Date will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries received. On the Grand Prize Drawing Date, one (1) grand prize winner will be selected by random drawing from among the valid Daily Winners.
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, and reside in the Contest Area. Residents and citizens of the European Union are not eligible to enter or win.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, each of their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest.
3. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prizes, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed.
4. Each winner will be notified by phone. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented.
5. If a Daily Winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the Daily Prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the Daily Prize will be awarded to an alternate Daily Winner randomly selected from among remaining valid and correct entries. If time does not permit for an alternate Daily Winner to be selected, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station. If a Grand Prize Winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the Grand Prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the Grand Prize will be awarded to an alternate Grand Prize Winner randomly selected from among remaining valid Daily Winners.
6. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
7. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
8. Only one prize will be awarded per household if more than one prize is awarded. Entrants are eligible to win only one prize within any 90 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
9. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
10. The Company, Sponsor(s), and Prize Provider(s) accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
11. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station within thirty (30) days of the Drawing Date.
12. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.
The Florida Lottery
& WEAR ABC 3
“Gold Rush Classic” Watch-to-Win Instructions
1.No purchase necessary. The watch-to-win promotion will take place Monday, January 21, 2019 - Friday, January 25, 2019t (“promotional period”). The promotion will be structured to prompt viewers to tune into WEAR ABC 3 MON-FRI from 6-7AM CT to find the “Word of the Day” displayed on the screen. Viewers will then visit the station’s website where they can enter into the daily drawing by entering the correct “Word of the Day.” WEAR ABC 3 will conduct a drawing to randomly select one (1) winner each day from all correct entries received by 12:00AM each night. Each of the daily winners will win a daily prize pack consisting of: one (1) book of $2 Florida Lottery Scratch-Off tickets. There will also be one (1) grand prize drawing on Monday, January 28, 2019 in which one (1) grand prize winner will be randomly selected by WEAR ABC 3 from all correct entries received during the promotional period. The grand prize winner will win a grand prize pack consisting of five (5) $100 Best Buy Gift Cards.
2.Drawings for the daily prize will take place by 10AM CT the day following each daily entry period for the Monday – Thursday daily winners; these winners will be notified via phone within 24 hours of each drawing. On Monday, January 28, 2019 Friday’s daily winner will be randomly drawn by 10AM CT (from Friday’s entries) and the grand prize winner will be randomly drawn by 10:30AM CT (from all entries received); these winners will be notified via phone by 1PM CT that day.
3.The station will be responsible for contacting the winners directly via e-mail or telephone on the first business day following each drawing. The winners will be given 48 hours to claim their prize.
4.Winners must provide their correct name, address, and phone number to the station at the time of notification. Winners must present Government-issued photo identification to claim prizes. The Lottery will be provided with a photocopy of each winner’s proof-of-age.
5.Winners must be 18 years of age or older.
6.Employees of the Florida Lottery, WEAR ABC 3, their immediate families, participating sponsors and all others prohibited by law from participating in the Lottery are not eligible to participate.
7.Any or all federal, state and/or local taxes are the responsibility of the winner(s).
8.Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, likeness and/or photograph for promotional purposes of WEAR ABC 3 without any further compensation.
9.Entry into a contest releases WEAR ABC 3, The Florida Lottery, participating sponsors, corporate officers, subsidiaries, employees and agencies from any and all liability for injuries or damages that may be sustained in connection with the prize.
10.WEAR ABC 3 retains the right to determine all decisions regarding the contest, and all decisions made by WEAR ABC 3are final. WEAR ABC 3 will not change the contest without consulting the Florida Lottery.
11.Contest is void where prohibited by law.
12.A list of winners will be made available for 30 days after the contest closing date to anyone who supplies a self-addressed, stamped envelope for the aforementioned list to:
WEAR ABC 3
4990 Mobile Hwy.
Pensacola, FL 32506
13.Due to the nature of a scratch-off lottery ticket, WEAR ABC 3 makes no claims as to the value of the tickets or guarantees that the contestant will win any prize.
14.Winners must present themselves at the TV station during regular business hours within 48 hours of winning in order to collect their prize. Prizes not claimed within 48 hours will be forfeited and an alternate will be selected or the prize packs will be returned to the Florida Lottery along with the winner’s log.